Druidism and Celtic wedding
Why not a celtic ceremony ?
You are passionate about the Celtic world and you feel close to the Druidic philosophy. Agathia doesn't plan on introducing herself as an "accomplished druid" but you share the same passion ! She also reveres Nature and considered it divine and sacred. She believes that everything has its place, a role and a purpose, meaning, and that the great chain of life is made up of humans, plants, animals, minerals, living and dead, both the visible and invisible worlds, but very real. And that the Divine is in everything.
The content of a celtic commitment - blessing :
- A place with a logical sequence of arrivals and successive interventions, blessings, by relatives, bridesmaids and groomsmen,participation of children ...
- The invocations to the Celtic deities, the spirits and ancestors
- The position of 4 cardinal points inside the circle
- Rituals with objects symbolizing qualities or vows such as nobility, fertility, abundance ...
- Active participation of fathers and mothers and children in roles and specific actions
- The sharing of bread and wine.
Which location for a celtic ceremony ?
The wedding ritual was traditionally held in front of the house of the bride and groom. Today, it is also practiced anywhere but mainly in the countryside, the forest is ideal.
Suggestions of suitable decorations :
- A circle must be defined or you have already assigned one in a natural clearing
- Objects to be prepared for rituals
This ceremony is very beautiful, to wear traditional cloths even better or to use coloured fabrics, it's cheaper. You can choose Celtic musician with harp, violin, strings, horns, whistles
The guests are normally seated, but often this ceremony is held with the guests standing. Nonetheless, always in a circle.
Fee celebrant, officiant
A package is proposed including all necessary appointements (often on Skype), a questionnaire to fill out to begin the project, writing the ceremony in co-creation with the couple by email, suggestion for choosing the location to celebrate, ideas for the decoration, a presence during the preparation and the time to officiate your wedding day, to remember a book and a certificate of marriage. The amount is a small percentage of your wedding budget : for such an important moment in your life !
Free extra service :
Agathia can recommand you freely others partners like photographer, videographer, florist, coordinator, DJ or musicians, hairdresser, transport,....and give you French address of reception sites
Contact your English speaking celebrant in France, now to know more, without obligation, and let you guided by the magic of a meeting simply and joyfully. Here a video about her services
Visit also the page : Pictures and comments of ceremonies