Laic, humanist wedding ceremony in France
Why do you want a no-religious ceremony ? a laïc blessing ?
For many people, a civil wedding at the town hall seems to go too fast and is only "civilian". Getting married in a church or in some religious fashion is a practice that is too different from who you are and your life and it doesn't mean anything (except, in some cases, for your family). However, you feel that this humanist commitment could take on great importance in your day, a unique moment, precious, unforgettable, moving and “sacred”.
With Agathia, an English speaking wedding celebrant, enjoy that time and remain confident in the presence of a professional who masters a course, a rhythm of a celebration fully respectful of your philosophy of life, values and beliefs. Fully personalized, making it a complete and thorough solution for all couples :
- When one of the two is believing and / or practicing
- Divorcees with no right to have a celebration in a Church
- Same-sex unions (men and women) believers or not
- Unions with two different religions
- People on a specific spiritual path
- Lovers of Nature choosing Her as both a location and witness of their union.
- The bride and the groom with just some relatives for a blessing
The content of the wedding ceremony :
- a mixed texts of all kinds,
- testimonies and participation from relatives, blessings
- vows for the future,
- symbolic acts of commitment,
- musical passages with a DJ or musicians,
- a procession of arrival and a guard of honor at the end, to congratulate the couple on their new path.
Celebrations are usually seated, while a stand-up celebration may be used for smaller weddings.
Where can you celebrate ?
Anywhere ! At home, in nature, in the countryside, by the sea (Biarrtiz or other beach) or the edge of a lake or a river, in a clearing in the forest, in the mountains, in a cave, ruins, at the heart of a sacred site, a chapel or temple, in the garden of the castle of your venue...
Suggestion of suitable decorations:
- A natural or artificial arch: Some locations have a beautiful tree or a natural element or structure serving as a shelter for an altar.
- For the altar: a table and a tablecloth or something more original such as a wagon, tree trunk, barrel ....
- Objects (more symbolic than a real material value) for commitment acts
- Others: according to your wishes: flowers - flower petals - - carpet - ribbons - candles - torches ...
The time of a laïc, humanist celebration :
It varies according to your wishes and the number of guests : providing between 30 minutes and 1 h 30.
If you choose a religious ceremony which includes your family, you can also provide an other intimate ceremony on a different day. You can also associate a baptism, or an anniversary.
Your officiant wears a medieval dress or something more current, as you want...
A package is proposed including all necessary appointements (often on Skype), a questionnaire to fill out to begin the project, writing the ceremony in co-creation with the couple by email, suggestion for choosing the location to celebrate, ideas for the decoration, a presence during the preparation and the time to officiate your wedding, to remember a book and a certificate of marriage. The amount is a small percentage of your wedding budget : for such an important moment in your life !
Read news How much does a celebrant cost in France ?
BOOKING: orders for 2016 are already in progress : the months of June, July, August and September are requested first ... Book your celebratant soon enough as other providers
Free extra service :
Agathia can recommand you freely others partners like photographer, videographer, florist, coordinator, DJ or musicians, hairdresser, transport,....and give you French address of reception sites
Contact this English speaking celebrant now to know more, without obligation, and let you guided by the magic of a meeting simply and joyfully . Here a video about her services
Visit also the page Pictures and comments of ceremonies